pitting on critical gear surfaces. Oxidation inhib
· It's a simple gear pump, they can begin to wear and work fine when cold but start to leak inernally when the oil warms up-this could cause your problem with perfomance. They(gear pumps) are also easy to open and inspect the guts if you don't have the equipment or time to flow test it in place.
Bobcat is a Doosan company. Doosan is a global leader in construction equipment, power and water solutions, engines, and engineering, proudly serving customers and communities for more than a century.
If oil level is too low or its quality is deteriorating, it should be refilled or replaced according to the requirements. 2、When engine runs on idle, if there is noise when gear-box is in neutral but the noise disappears after pressing clutch pedal, the gear box should be removed, and the rear bearing of the first shaft and normally engaged.
· Just keep em full. When the seal goes out, replace and refill. Greenish tint and smelly sounds like new gear lube:thumbsup: If you insist on changing it, use your loader and flip it, or take the stump jumper off and the few bolts holding it to the deck and remobe the whole thing. Oct 28, #9.
· Remove the three (3) gear case mounting bolts. You will need to lean the machine towards the wall in order to have enough clearance to complete remove the gear case. Pull the gear case down and out. The total volume of oil inside the transmission is between 13-15 ounces of SAE non-detergent non-foaming 60wt motor oil.
· To whom it may concern, I have a Case 580c Backhoe & I need to put in transmission fluid/hydralic fluid which is measured directly in front of the seat on the floor through a plug w/ an extension into the transmission casing itself. I do have a manual for it, but a machanic is using it for the time being. To be honest with you I don't know specificly what fluid goes into that casing because we.
· A lot of people get confused with viscosities, especially when comparing gear oils & power train (TO-4 type) oils. I've lost count of the number of people who've asked me why I'm replacing an 80W/90 gear oil with an SAE 30 TO-4 oil. "Because they're basically the same viscosity" is the reply.
· Re: Steering Gear Housing, Filler Plug and Leaks. A number of owners put grease in instead of oil instead of replacing seals or cleaning the vent hole. I have a cub with the filler plug that has a grease fitting. My 130 and 2 x 140 all have the plug with ….
· the manuals said to use 10w40 dont ya think 80wt is a little to thick?alot of peopel tell they use 80wt gear lube just dont want to put the wrong oil in.i used 10w40 in it. its the same oil i would of used in my truck. is that ok or is there a 10w40 just for 2 strokes?.
· The final drives are both separate from the main transmission, using hypoid gear oil. If the final drive drains clear, I would next drain the transmission oil & inspect the screen, maybe you will find a clue. Loss of drive in all ranges is not a good thing. It can mean a problem with crownwheel & pinion or final drive.
Mustang Skid steer loaders 940 Which oil should you use for your Mustang Skid steer loaders 940? Complete advice for all components, such as the engine, gearbox (transaxle), brake system, power steering system and cooling system.
one little, one bigger one. think my helper put gear oil in the wrong hole, i drained it all out, put new filter on it, now it want take forward or reverse. any advice needed: h desimone: I have a 555A backhoe with a automatic shuttle. It shifts fine for about 15-20 minutes, then it will not move. the oil ….
transmission oil, each manufacturer establishes a minimum requirement that oil should meet for use in their equipment.
If you see oil leaking from this area, it could indicate a much more serious problem. You need to stop the machine and have the final drive checked. Once you've finished adding the oil, replace the plugs. A good rule is that you should change the oil out about once a year. Conclusion: Checking and Changing Gear Oil.
Maschio Power Harrow Machines are extremely complicated pieces of equipment and have multiple lubrication needs. Midlands Lubricants suitable Maschio Power Harrow Oils includes Harrow Hydraulic Oil 46, Hydraulic HVI 46 Oil
Proceed as follows: 1- Top mount gearbox oil refill plug: Add the exact quantity of gear oil (transmission fluid), as given in your car manual. Use the recommended gearbox and differential lube but almost all manual transmission require 75W90 or 80W90 gear oil, which can be either mineral, semi-synthetic or synthetic like for engine oil.
· When you are driving around the oil splashes around and coats everything inside the gear box. And when it get water in it you drain the oil and the water comes out. Not so with grease. So far I have rebuilt a cub and 130 steering gear box that had grease in it. What a mess cleaning the grease and water out of them.
· I would think Rotella 30 is totally the wrong oil, it should have a 90 weight non ep GL1 gear oil. There are helical and planetary gears in that transmission and they work pretty hard when you are steering them. For the sake of under 10 ltrs of oil I would drain and refill with the correct oil.
· What Happens if You Use the Wrong Transmission Fluid. The most common situation where the wrong transmission fluid is used is in the case of using automatic transmission fluid in place of variable transmission fluid and vice versa. Adding ATF to a to a CVT will eventually result in the death of your transmission.
· The following are some of the most common gear lubricant specifications and their intended applications: API GL-4 - Intended for gear sets with light to heavy load and sliding forces. GL-4 lubricants are often used in syncromesh manual shift on-road and off-road truck transmissions. API GL-5 - Intended for heavily loaded gear sets with high.
· 14,067 Posts. #6 · Oct 27, . I'd recommend giving the Mobil 1 75w-90 ( or the Mobil 1 75w-140 ) a try before making a blanket statement . I've been using it for 20 years of hard use in numerous toploader and T-10 tranmissions with no shifting issues and no measurable wear on any internal tranmission parts. Z.
· LeonardL wrote:If you are sure you have a "C" model and you are sure you have wet style clutches, then your transmission, clutch housings and final drives are all one common oil.It takes about 11 US gallons of tractor hydraulic fluid. I usually try to pour about 2 1/2 gallons in each clutch housing and the rest in the transmission fill / dipstick port.